The Fairgrounds and Exhibitions Park of Rancho Boyeros, original name of the fairgrounds, arose at the beginning of the 1930s as part of the development plan for the area where it is currently located, in the municipality of Rancho Boyeros, being inaugurated on 23 February 1933. The distribution owes its origin to having built, in its northern limit, a house of the real estate, in the year 1840, which was dedicated to the collection of passage or right of transit to vehicles that circulated along the way real from the south.
From the earliest times, the place was known as "El Rancho de los Boyeros", later becoming simply Rancho Boyeros, which in turn gives rise to the name of the cast where the fair is located. Its high architectural value has made possible its transcendence over time and constitute a true architectural heritage to be conserved, an example of the constructive development of that period. Under the mandate of President Gerardo Machado, as part of his public works plan, in order to create a large headquarters for activities related to livestock and exhibition activities and to bring together all representatives of that branch of the island, they begin to implement exhibitions of diverse purposes and as well as the realization of festivities more linked to the livestock sector. Soon this act purely of commerce and sale, reached other connotations, because it constituted everything an event for the place where it was effected, gathering a great number of people. Due to its importance and importance it was the scene of important events and national and international meetings.
Its construction endowed this branch with a magnificent space, which represented the development and splendor of the Cuban economy of those times, being at the present time the oldest Permanent Exhibition Center in the country and one of the five oldest in the American continent.